March 5, 2014 - Appointment of part-time Magistrate Judge
- The Judicial Conference of the United States has authorized the appointment of a part time United States Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of New York at Plattsburgh, New York.
here for full announcement.
March 3, 2014 - Applications for service on Pro Bono Panel - The Criminal Justice Act/Pro Bono Committee is accepting applications for service on the Pro Bono Panel. The deadline is Friday, May 2, 2014. Please refer to the Court's official announcement
here. The Plan for the Appointment of Pro Bono Counsel and the application form are available
February 10, 2014 - Applications for service on CJA Panel - The Criminal Justice Act Committee of the United States Court of Appeals for the
Second Circuit is accepting applications for service on the Court’s Criminal Justice Act
For announcement click here,
for application click here.
January 24, 2014 - Amendments to the Local Rules of the Second Circuit - The Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has adopted amendments to its Local Rules, effective February 1, 2014.
View the order adopting the amendments which provide generally applicable guidance as to practice before the Court as it relates to the following:
- submission of sealed, oversized, and PDF documents;
- filing requirements governing motions to reinstate an appeal dismissed for failure to timely file a brief;
- requirements for information to be included in an Appellant's principal brief;
- requirements governing the number of paper copies of the appendix to be submitted;
- requirements surrounding submission of an appellee's supplemental appendix;
- requirements surrounding reproduction costs;
- procedures for seeking panel reconsideration or reconsideration en banc when the Court determines an appeal by issuing an order for which a FRAP 36 judgment is not entered; and
- requirements surrounding stipulations or motions to voluntarily dismiss a criminal appeal.