Information Routinely Collected and Stored
If you visit our site to view or download information, we collect and store the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you accessed the Internet; for example, "aol.com" if you use America Online
- The IP address from which you accessed the Judiciary's website. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the World Wide Web
- The date and time you access our site
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Judiciary's site
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to the Judiciary's website from another website, the address of the originating site
This information is used solely for the purpose of evaluating and maintaining our site. From this information, we learn what users like and need; what kind of technology they are using; how often they visit; and other valuable information that helps us to offer our visitors the best site possible.
Information You Provide
If you choose to provide us with personal information, perhaps to be placed on our mailing list or to request additional information via our webmaster e-mailbox, it will be used only for the purpose(s) you state. We collect such information only to respond to your requests. We do not share that information with others, and we do not collect information for commercial marketing.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this Government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials.
Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.
Last modified at 10/23/2013