size minus font plus  

  Case-filing information 




  Appellate Filer
  Clerk's Office Directory
  Electronic Payment
  Fee Schedule
  File a Document (CM/ECF)
  Forms and Instructions
  Update CM/ECF
    Appellate Filer


Home | Case-Filing | Forms and Instructions

Notice Of Appearance Instructions For Substitute, Additional, or Amicus Counsel Instructions


The Notice of Appearance for Substitution, Additional, or Amicus Counsel form requires counsel to provide contact information. It also requires counsel to certify that they have been admitted to this Court and have complied with all rules regarding admission renewal or that they have applied for admission to this Court. In accordance with Local Rule 12.3(b), each attorney acting as substitution or amicus counsel or any attorney other than lead counsel of record wishing to enter the case must file a separate notice of appearance.


Counsel must be admitted to the bar of this Court or be otherwise eligible to argue an appeal. The Court requires written pro hac vice motions filed before filing the notice of appearance. Admission pro hac vice will be extended as a matter of course to a member of the bar of a district court within the circuit who has represented a criminal defendant at trial and continues representation on an appeal taken pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act. See Local Rule 46.1(d)(1). Counsel, however, are encouraged to apply for general admission to this Court as soon as they meet the qualifications.


An attorney or pro se party who does not immediately notify the Court when contact information changes will not receive notices, documents and orders filed in the case. An attorney and any pro se party who is permitted to file documents electronically in CM/ECF must notify the Court of a change to the user’s mailing address, business address, telephone number, or e-mail. To update contact information, a Filing User must access PACER’s Manage My Appellate Filer Account, The Court’s records will be updated within 1 business day of a user entering the change in PACER.


A pro se party who is not permitted to file documents electronically must notify the Court of a change in mailing address or telephone number by filing a letter with the Clerk of Court.

For information concerning attorney admissions and renewals, visit the court's website at or contact Admissions in the Clerk's Office at 212-857-8603.



Last modified at 1/11/2012