U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT
NIGHT DEPOSITORY FORM
4:30 P.M. - 8:30 A.M. EACH BUSINESS DAY
24 HOURS ON SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS &
FEDERAL HOLIDAYS, and COURT CLOSURES
1. A counseled party may submit only briefs and appendices in the night depository. This submission does not substitute for CM/ECF filing.
2. A pro se party may file or submit briefs, appendices, motions, and other submissions in the night depository.
3. Complete the case title and identify the filed or submitted documents below.
4. Stamp 1 copy of the brief and appendix or the original motion or submission.
5. Stamp this completed form and affix it to the entire package submitted.
6. Documents are deemed filed on the business day they are date/time stamped or on the next business day if date/time stamped on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal Holiday.
7. If filed or submitted documents are date/time stamped after the date they are due must be accompanied by a motion for permission to file out of time.
8. The correct number of copies of all documents must be included.
The night depository box is located at the Centre Street entrance of the Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse, 40 Foley Square, New York, NY near the Court Security desk.
Click here for fillable form. The form must be time-stamped at the night-depository box.
Last modified at 12/17/2015