Creating a PDF from a Microsoft Word document
These instructions apply to converting a Microsoft Word
document to PDF with Adobe Acrobat Professional or Acrobat
Standard. If another vendor's software is used to create a
PDF, please consult that vendor's instructions.
1. Open the Word document. Click on Adobe PDF > Convert
to Adobe PDF.
1a. Alternatively, open the Word document. Open the menu
option View > Toolbars to open the Acrobat toolbar.
1b. The toolbar for converting a document to PDF now
appears along with the other open toolbars. Click on the Adobe
icon on the left.
2. A dialog box will open to select a location for saving
3. Choose the location, and the conversion process begins
4. When the conversion process is complete, the document
appears in Adobe Acrobat Professional or Standard.
5. Alternatively, a user may set Adobe as a printer.
Instead of using the menu bar or toolbar option, select File >
Print and select Adobe PDF as the printer (assuming that it is
available on the print menu). Steps 2 through 4 above are
6. The PDF document created through either process above
automatically becomes text-searchable.
Creating a PDF from a WordPerfect document
1. Open the WordPerfect document. Open File > Print (or
just hit Ctrl+P).
2. Select Adobe PDF from the list of destination printers.
Click the Print button at the bottom of the dialog box.
3. Select a destination for saving the PDF on the desktop,
hard drive, or network drive. Rename the document if
necessary. Click the Save button in the dialog box.
4. The PDF document is saved in the designated location,
and it opens automatically. The document is text-searchable
with no additional actions.
Last modified at 8/30/2010