U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT
NIGHT DEPOSITORY FORM
4:30 P.M. - 8:30 A.M. EACH BUSINESS DAY
24 HOURS ON SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS
1. For all appeals commenced on or after January 1, 2010, a counseled party may submit only briefs and appendices in the night depository. This submission does not substitute for CM/ECF filing. Motions may be filed in the night depository only in pre-2010 appeals.
2. Complete the case title and identify the submitted documents.
3. Stamp 1 copy of the brief and appendix or the original motion.
4. Stamp this completed form and affix it to the entire package submitted.
. Documents are deemed filed on the business day they are date/time stamped or on the next business day if date/time stamped on a Saturday, Sunday or Federal Holiday.
6. Documents date/time stamped after the date they are due must be accompanied by a motion for permission to file out of time.
7. The correct number of copies of all documents must be included.
The night depository box is located at the Centre Street entrance of the
Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse, 40 Foley Square, New York, NY near
the Court Security desk.
Click here for fillable form. The form must be time-stamped at the night-depository box.
<< Return to Forms