1. An admitted attorney renewing admission must be familiar with FRAP 46 and Second Circuit Local Rule 46.1, located on the Court’s website at
www.ca2.uscourts.gov. The attorney also must be registered as a filing user in CM/ECF.
2. The attorney must use only the provided Attorney Renewal Application.
3. The attorney must include the bar number issued by the attorney’s primary court of admission as requested on the application.
4. If admitted to more than one bar, the attorney must provide additional bar information on the sheet provided and attach it to the application. If the sheet provided does not offer sufficient space to list all additional bars, the attorney can copy the sheet as needed and provide the additional information.
5. Any supplemental information required to be filed in accordance with the application must be typewritten on a separate attachment that identifies the portion of the application to which the supplemental information relates.
6. The attorney must submit the application through CM/ECF in accordance with the
instructions posted on the Court’s website. When filing these materials, the attorney will be directed to pay.gov to remit the required $25.00 fee electronically. An attorney who is exempt from paying the fee under 28 U.S.C. § 1913 will be able to indicate fee-waiver status in CM/ECF and bypass paying the fee. If an attorney subsequently separates from service that affords fee exemption, the attorney must reapply for admission to this Court, if admitted while fee waiver status applied, or reapply for renewal with updated information and pay the required renewal fee. The Court will require any attorney incorrectly indicating a fee waiver to resubmit the attorney renewal application and pay the fee electronically.
archived roll of admitted attorneys is available on the Court’s website.
<< Return to Forms