A CM/ECF user may be interested in tracking filing activity in a Second Circuit case to which the user is not a party. The Notice for Cases of Interest function allows CM/ECF users to receive via email notices of filing activity in cases of interest.
1. Log in to CM/ECF. On the startup page select Utilities > Notice for Cases of Interest.
2. The E-mail Notice for Cases of Interest screen opens.
3. At the top of the screen, select the e-mail address on file or enter a new e-mail address. In the next section of the screen, select whether to receive an email notice every time a new entry appears on the docket or once a day with a summary of docket entries for that day.
4. Add a case of interest by case number. Type the case number in the Enter Case Number box, then click the Search & Add button.
The case number and name appear in the Cases of Interest Selected box, preceded by the designation [New].
Repeat this process until all cases of interest appear in the Cases of Interest Selected box.
5. To save the list of selected cases, click the Update button at the bottom of the screen. A pop-up box opens to verify that the list is updated.
Click the OK button.
When updating the list, the system automatically orders the list by docket number and removes the [New] designation.
Click the Done button to close the E-mail Notice for Cases of Interest screen and return to the startup page.
Removing a case from the list of Case of Interest Selected
A CM/ECF user can add or remove cases from the list of cases of interest at time by opening Utilities > Notice for Cases of Interest from the CM/ECF startup page.
To remove a case from the list, highlight the case name and number on the list. To remove several cases, hold down the Ctrl or Shift key on the keyboard while clicking the case names/numbers. Then click the Remove button near the bottom of the screen.
A pop-up box opens to confirm removal of the selected case(s).
Click the Yes button. The case is removed from the list.
At the bottom of the screen, click the Update button. Click the Done button to exit the Notice for Cases of Interest section of CM/ECF.
<< Return to Getting started | << Return to
Utilities | << Return to How to use CM/ECF
Last modified at 12/3/2012